Vaso is responsible for the property and the basic appliances, devices and furnishings in the right-of-occupancy home. Read more about Vaso’s responsibilities below.
Vaso is responsible for repairing the basic appliances, devices and furnishings in the right-of-occupancy home. These include refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher (if it is included in the basic furnishings), cooker, toilet, sink, taps, sauna stove, fixed furnishings and light fixtures (does not include changing the lamp bulbs). Residents are responsible for notifying the maintenance company about defective appliances that are Vaso’s responsibility. If the appliances and furnishings mentioned above break due to the resident’s faulty use or carelessness, then the resident is responsible for paying for the repairs.
Se more detailed information in the Distribution of Responsibilities.
The residents are responsible for the maintenance of the appliances and furnishings that are not considered basic. These include a dishwasher installed by the resident, cooling unit or balcony windows.
The residents are also responsible for fire alarms and changing batteries in it, changing light bulbs in the home, cleaning the ventilation outlet valves, caring for the range hood, connecting the washing the machine and sealing the windows. Residents are responsible for notifying the maintenance company about defective appliances, etc. that are Vaso’s responsibility. Se more detailed information in the Distribution of Responsibilities.
If something breaks in the home or you notice a defect in an appliance that belongs to the basic furnishings, report it immediately to the maintenance company. Make a defect report here.
Reporting defects and malfunctions and having them fixed saves money. Even though a small leak in the sink does not significantly disturb your life, a leaky tap or toilet wastes a considerable amount of water in a year. A leak the diameter of a piece of thread adds about €80 to the water bill and a leak the diameter of a match adds about €8,000/year.
Defects due to carelessness
Malfunctions or defects due to rough handling or carelessness are the responsibility of the resident(s). They will be invoiced separately according to the invoicing prices in force. Download the Resident Invoicing Prices here.
When a resident(s) moves out, we inspect the emptied and cleaned home to determine its condition. Alterations to the home caused by normal wear and tear are Vaso’s responsibility. If the home is in poor condition due to neglect by the resident, we will charge the resident for the damage according to the Resident Invoicing Prices. Download the Resident Invoicing Prices here.
Distribution of Responsibilities
- Outdoor walls, deflections and cracks in the load-bearing structures, and balconies
- Thermal insulation and waterproofing for wet rooms
- Malfunctions or structural defects in the outside door, original lock, door closer (door pump), door stopper and door loop, and doorbell (individual cases)
- Malfunctions or structural defects in the balcony door
- Maildrop and name plaque on the outside door
- Structural defects in the window frames and casings as well as repair and painting of fittings, etc.
- Balcony windows installed by the housing cooperative
- Repairs to the wall surfaces in the wet rooms and panelling in the sauna
- Repairs to the benches in the sauna
- Bleeding of radiators and basic adjustments to them
- Repair and maintenance of radiator valves and thermostats
- Adjustment and repair of air-vent valves and cleaning of ventilation ducts
- Repair of range hood
- Basic adjustment of water flow from taps
- Repair and renewal of taps and shower heads and hoses (individual cases)
- Pipe leakages
- Repair and renewal of odour traps and floor drains
- Repair of toilets (excluding the parts broken by the resident(s))
- Opening of clogged drains (resident(s) responsible for costs if clog caused by resident(s))
- Repair of fixed lamps and globes
- Repair of outlets and switches (individual cases)
- Repair of sauna stove
- Repair and maintenance of cooker and fridge
- Fences, common garden sheds and canopies
- Changing the light bulb on the number light on the outside wall of the homes
- Up-keep of the common garden areas
- Purchasing extra keys and rekeying the lock if keys are lost
- Installation and maintenance of safety locks, safety latches and peephole
- Lubrication of the hinges and locks in the outside door, repair and renewal of door seals
- Repair and renewal of window seals
- Installation of blinds (excluding homes where blinds are included in the furnishings)
- Lubrication of the hinges and locks in the inside doors
- Balcony windows (installed by the resident(s))
- Keeping track of the condition of the wet rooms and reporting detected defects to the superintendent
- Keeping the balcony and its drainage holes clean
- Cleaning the ventilation ducts
- Cleaning the air-vent valves and filters, changing the filters
- Cleaning the filter in the range hood
- Cleaning the tap nozzles
- Cleaning the odour traps and floor drains
- Connecting the washing machine and dishwasher must be done professionally, purchasing appropriate hoses and dishwasher tap
- Making sure the taps and toilet do not leak and reporting leakages to the maintenance company.
- Purchasing and changing lightbulbs, fluorescent lamps and starters for fluorescent lamps
- Purchasing and changing fuses
- Purchasing antennae connection cables
- Additional telephone cables
- Purchasing and changing the lamps in the fridge, range hood, etc.
- Fire alarm(s) and batteries (excluding the fire alarms in the electric network)
- Sauna stove stones
- Cleaning the condensers in the refrigeration equipment as well as the drainpipes in the fridge
- Upkeeping the front and back gardens of your home, mowing the lawn and taking care of the shrubs
- Keeping the area in front of the outside door clean, snow removal and ice prevention
- Ensuring your home is neat and clean