Varsinais-Suomen Asumisoikeus Oy (VASO) owns, maintains and builds quality, reasonably priced right-of-occupancy homes to meet the needs of all life situations. VASO offers right-of-occupancy homes in Turku, Raisio, Naantali, Kaarina and Lieto.
VASO is a company that works cost-effectively for the general interest of the population and does not distribute gratuitous benefits to its shareholders. VASO is non-profit organization.
VASO was established in 1990. Its first property was built in Halinen, Turku and completed 13 December 1991.
- Turku: 56.7 %
- Raisio: 10.0 %
- Kaarina: 10.0 %
- Naantali: 6.7 %
- Lieto: 6.7 %
- YH-Asumisoikeus Länsi Oy: 5.3 %
- Sato-Rakennuttajat Oy: 4.6 %
Properties and residents (2018)
- Homes: 2,662
- Separate properties: 106
- Total living space (m²): 185,523 m²
- Heated volume: 726,107 m³
- Average home size: 69.7 m²
- Total area of owned plots: 650,634 m²
- Number of residents: c. 5,000
- Resident turnover: 15.6 %
- Utilization rate of homes: 96.1 %
- Turnover: €23,617,864
- Increase in turnover: 1.8 %
- Balance: €185,701,546
- Depreciations: €6,325,465
- Loans: €120,978,560
Average maintenance fee: €10.37/relative m²/month (2019)
Staff: 12 persons
The complete texts of VASO’s Annual Report, Financial Statement, post calculation (from 2012 to 2017) and Auditor’s Report are available in the spring issue of Kotivaso following the financial year in question. The action plan and budget are published in autumn issue of Kotivaso preceding the financial year in question. They are all available here.
The 2018 Annual Report, Financial Statement and post calculation are available here.
VASO Strategy 2018–2022
The VASO Strategy has been revised to reflect changing situations.
- Acceleration in the housing market in the Turku region, housing is being built in the Turku city region relatively more than in other growth centres, likewise prices for new housing, especially, are on the rise.
- Quality of living more pronounced significance in customers’ selection of housing. The environment where the housing is built, quality materials and a refined appearance are no longer enough for quality living. Living is more a question of service in the future, meaning not only digital and automated solutions but also concrete solutions, such as wellbeing services for pensioners or solutions to ease the everyday lives of families with small children.
VASO bases its operations on the following values:
- Willingness to serve
- “Residents first” thinking
VASO owns, maintains and builds quality right-of-occupancy homes for all life situations.
VASO works cost-effectively for the general interest of the population and does not distribute gratuitous benefits to its shareholders. VASO is non-profit organization.
- VASO has modern, sustainable homes in pivotal areas throughout the region.
- VASO offers custom, communal homes for changing life situations.
- The pro-active VASO spirit is strong.
- The VASO brand is well-known and recognized.
- Right-of-occupancy housing attracts forerunners, people who are looking for the security of ownership but want the freedom of not owning.